This morning I got in some chilly miles…it was about 30 degrees out. Was I not just telling you it was in the 60s and 70s a couple of days ago?
I tell ya Texas weather is so bipolar. It didn’t bother me too much though…I love me some cold weather running. And running FAST to warm up.
I thought I’d share with you a few things I’ve learned about the lovely sport of running today over the past few years. It has been a wild, crazy fun ride and I have to say that running without a doubt has changed my life for the better.
So here it goes…in the past few years I have learned…
1. Running can be an amazing form of meditation…love the peace and quiet.
2. This sport is far from cheap. Actually I should say running RACES is far from cheap. But boy are they fun and a great way to hold you accountable.
3. Compression socks are a creation from Jesus and are made in heaven.
4. To run around up and down my block several times in order to get the desired number of mileage in for the day. Even if I look like a crazy person.
5. That coffee is a great post run treat. So is wine.
6. PRs and age group wins are just the icing on the cake. Very sweet and happy icing.
7. Pink is my confident running color.
8. A good pair of running shoes makes all the difference in the world.
9. A little tender loving care…massages, yoga, cross training, REST…are so vital and necessary to stay healthy as a runner.
10. Sometimes all it takes is a good long run to turn my entire day around.
What are a few things you’ve learned about running?