8 miles this morning braving the wind and the cold. Temps were in the 30s this morning but I am really looking forward to highs back in the 60s and 70s for the remainder of this week. Bring it on!
Oh yeah baby, my kinda weather right here. Perfect for running.
I thought I’d give you my top 5 favorite foods in random order…these in my opinion are great runner foods…and they make my body very happy. I know everyone is different but I do keep these staples in heavy rotation. When you put in a lot of miles on the road, I think what you put in your body is muy importante. If you eat crap, you will feel like crap. And vice versa. Like putting gas in your car…rev it up!
Yep yep…truth. Haha
1. Spinach: I stock up on this in the beginning of the week and then I use it as an excuse to throw in everything. So good in a smoothie.
2. Eggs: I try to eat these almost every day or every other day. I love to boil them because they are so quick and easy and then I’m out the door.
3. Salmon: 3 words. Lime cilantro salmon. The best. Buy it wild caught.
4. Bananas: Again…great in smoothie or just an on the go snack.
5. Avocado: Yes…I eat 2-3 of ‘em a week. I love to mix them in eggs, with rice and chicken, you name it. Nom nom.
What are your top 5 happy foods?