I believe that there are so many lessons in running that transfer to real life situations! Here are a few I have picked up over the years.
1. Don’t ever put limits on yourself or your abilities.
2. You are always stronger than you think.
3. Someone’s always going to jump higher, run faster…or be more successful than you. Don’t ever compare yourself.
4. We are all on our own adventures in life. That’s what makes it beautiful.
5. There will always be an excuse waiting for you to pick it up and run with it. Resist the urge to make them.
6. Work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
7. Don’t take yourself so seriously.
8. Do what you love and love what you do.
9. There are always going to be ups and downs. Ride out the waves and the storms.
10. Celebrate the milestones.
11. We can’t control things like the weather or outside influences. All you can control is how you respond to it.
12. Bad days (runs) help you appreciate the good ones and make them that much more amazing.
13. Rest, hydrate, take care of yourself….so you can go out stronger and be all there.
14. If you really want something…you’ll go after it. So, how bad do you want it?
15. Always have gratitude.
What are some life lessons you’ve learned from running?