Pretty colors in the sky on this morning’s run! Much needed before a busy Tuesday.
Today I’ve got a few reasons why you (yes, you!) should run a marathon. 26.2 to be exact.
1. Because it’s a great way to see a new town or city that you have never been to before.
2. Do it for the gear. Tank tops, shorts, flashy loud shoes…oh my.
3. There’s nothing more awesome than that runners high after your 20 mile training run. Can I get an amen?
4. To surprise yourself and push far beyond your limits.
5. For that extra glass of wine to celebrate.
6. Or beer…or margarita…whatever your fancy.
7. To get in those training runs with your homies…because running buddies are the best friends ever.
8. To run in honor of someone that you love.
9. For the awesome cheering/spectator signs.
10. So you can rock out to 4 hours worth of music on your running playlist.
11. To high five little cute kiddos on the course. They make the best spectators ever.
12. Let’s be honest…to pass some runners like a rockstar at the end of the race. That is the most wonderful feeling.
13. For the sunrise at the start line.
14. For the bragging rights. Nothing wrong with a little humble bragging.
15. To make your mama proud.
16. Or your dad, sister, brother, husband, boyfriend, dog…whatever.
17. For the brunch afterwards.
18. To give you an excuse to plop down on the bed and take a nice post marathon nap afterwards.
19. To rack up the bling bling…love those race medals.
20. Because others can’t.
21. Just to get a good workout. And hot dang…it’s one heck of a workout if I do say so myself.
22. To raise money for an amazing charity that you believe in.
23. To get you through a tough time.
24. To get you through a happy time.
25. To see all of your hard work and months of training pay off with a killer finish time.
26. For the banana.
.2 – For you.
Hey marathoners! Tell me…why do you run marathons?!