It was an 8 mile kind of day. Up around 5:30 am-ish to knock this one out! I got to see all of the colors in the morning sky. So glad to be done.
I was thinking earlier about some of the quirky and funny things I do as a runner that most non runners would probably think…we are crazy. But you know what…that is okay. Because honestly, we kind of are!
Here are some quirky things I do…and have been doing for years now.
1. Run in circles around my block like a maniac until I reach the desired amount of mileage for the day.
2. Get dark polish on my toenails (even in the summertime) if my toes are jacked up and bruised/beat up. Which, thankfully in the past month or so I’ve not had too many issues with so I was excited over the weekend to actually get a pink color.
3. Don’t start running until you can locate the satellites on your Garmin. GPS on means GO.
4. Finish 20 miles before most folks have even eaten breakfast or gotten out of bed by 10 am on the weekend.
5. Obsessively check the weather just to see what to wear or when to step out for those morning miles.
6. Go for a run if you’ve had a long day just to sort out life’s problems. Hey, that’s what those running shoes are for.
7. Get jealous if you see someone running on your rest day. Simmer down…you’ll get it in tomorrow and be stronger than ever.
8. Go on a vacation just to run a race. Hey, they are called RACE-cations for a reason and they are awesome.
9. Sing out loud / pump fists to music during a run…hey, guilty as charged. And not ashamed of it.
10. Take RUNfies. Because they are so necessary. Humble brag and show off all of your hard work.
What are some quirky things you do as a runner?