8 sunny, super sticky miles this morning. I got up extra early to knock this one out. Yep, those sunrises are always worth it.
There are a few things we as marathon runners know to be true so I thought I would jot a few of those down today…these have definitely proved true for me over the years!
1. Summer marathon training makes you feel extra hardcore. All those early mornings, seriously sweaty miles and the feeling you get after is kind of addictive. And it will without a doubt pay off when that cooler fall weather rolls around.
2. Having Mexican food and top shelf margaritas the night before a long run…yeah not such a good idea. You will pay for it the next morning. Better to wait until after those miles.
3. Having good quality socks can make or break you. Definitely get the ones made just for running that wick moisture and/or prevent blisters.
4. Same with a good sports bra. Ladies, am I right? Keep those girls in check. Nuff said.
5. If you didn’t run with your Garmin or Nike plus…or post your workouts on your blog/Twitter/etc…did you really run at all? You know it’s true…hashtag no shame.
6. You look forward to all the emails from the race director right before the big day. Hey, gotta get that 411 so you can be prepared.
7. There are some things that can only be solved by going on a long run. Relationship issues? Craziness at work? Trust me, you will get your answer to life’s problems in a matter of miles.
8. Few things are more exciting than that adrenaline at the start line. Ready, set, go!
9. Foam rollers often times can be your BFF.
10. Having running buddies to high five you at the finish and take pictures with kind of comes with the territory. Say cheese.
What are some other things you know to be true as a marathon runner?