1. The excitement at the start line. There is nothing more exhilarating to me than the adrenaline pumping and seeing so many runners gathered together after months of commitment and preparation.
2. Seeing the spectator signs along the way. Some of them are actually pretty funny and make me giggle.
3. High fiving little kiddos because they are the cutest and so awesome for being out there like mini cheerleaders.
4. The camaraderie of the runner fam. To me runners are some of the nicest, most supportive and coolest people you will ever meet. Just saying.
5. Swinging by the water stop for a dose of hydration. Sometimes that is the only thing that really keeps me running, knowing there will be another water stop just ahead.
6. Getting to explore a new city or part of town that I have never seen before…or honestly just don’t go to enough.
7. All of the months of blood, sweat and tears put into training…whether it be in the dead of summer or the frostbite of winter. Tough training days make you that much stronger.
8. Getting up at the booty crack of dawn to get that training run in before work. 11 miles this morning…check.
9. The feeling of accomplishment that is mine and mine alone.
10. Going to the race expo to pick up runner swag.
11. …and ending up spending just a little more money than expected. Hey, those girly Sweaty Bands are so cute and so necessary.
12. Running into friends during the hustle and bustle before a race and stopping to take a pic. Paparazzi time.
13. Pinning on that race number and making sure it is ‘just right’ and not crooked. Because you know, that’s super important.
14. Making sure your friends/fam have runner tracking so they can keep up to date on your progress during the race.
15. Signing up for your own runner tracking so you can make sure you are right on target with your finish time (guilty).
16. Fueling with Gu or your favorite energy jelly beans/chewies. I do prefer the chewies but let’s be honest the Gu does go down faster.
17. Singing along to your favorite power song during the race.
18. Out loud…am I the only one that does that?
19. Pressing repeat on your favorite song because it was just that awesome.
20. Making friends along the course to make time go by faster.
21. Seeing runners wearing funny shirts or costumes.
22. High fiving runner friends along the course.
23. Feeling like you are IN THE ZONE and catching that second wind.
24. Realizing you are going to beat your previous time or best time and that feeling of satisfaction.
25. Thinking about what awesome meal or beverage you are going to partake in after the race. Hashtag you earned it.
26. Crossing the finish line.
Point 2…LIKE A BOSS.
What are some of the things you love about running the 26.2 distance?