7 humid but chilly miles done this morning…it felt so good to finish this run strong! I am a cold weather runner at heart so I was so happy there was a nice chill in the air.
I don’t know about you…but down in Texas this is my most favorite time of year to run. I live for cool mornings, pullovers, running tights and yes, even ear warmers. The crisp cool fall weather also means running faster to warm up! For me at least. Here are a few ways you can enjoy fall running in your neck of the woods.
1. Get yourself a lightweight jacket that’s perfect for running in the wind/rain. Sometimes fall weather can be unpredictable so it helps to have gear that can protect you when that random rainstorm pops up. I love the ones from Asics.
2. Find a trail with some beautiful fall foliage. There’s nothing more beautiful than getting off the beaten path and enjoying the quiet of the trail.
3. It helps to have layers. Usually I’ll wear a tank or short sleeve shirt with a pullover top that I can quickly take off and tie around my waist. Make sure you have plenty of long sleeved light weight tops to go around as the temps get cooler.
4. Make sure your gear is reflective…or get yourself a headlamp if you run early in the mornings. They sell them at any outdoor store and often will have fun girly colors. I have a bright blue one from when I did the Grasslands Trail Run.
5. Go for a social run with friends or with a local running group. Lots of run clubs host weekly runs or fun Halloween runs this time of year that end with a happy hour. Get social and enjoy working it out with like minded folks.
7. Make time for a hot cozy fall beverage post run. Whether it’s a cup of hot holiday tea with honey at home or an skinny latte at Starbucks, having something to look forward to after logging those miles is all the more motivating.
What are some ways that you enjoy running in the fall?