It was a 10k kind of Tuesday. Pushing through and getting it done, humidity and all! Just happy to get some recovery miles in after this race on Sunday.
So I figured today was a good a day as any to jot down a few runner confessions! In no particular order…
1. Sometimes I really don’t want to run. You feel me? I’m just not feeling it…and I want to mope around and/or sleep in, for whatever reason. But days like that are actually days when I have some of my best workouts.
2. After running sometimes I just want to pass out on the floor and stay there all day. But I have this thing called a full time job…and someone’s gotta do it.
3. I talk to myself often when I’m running. Because some days you just need a little extra self talk/motivation.
4. Often times I brainstorm some of my best ideas on a run. It’s amazing how that happens.
5. I DO NOT like it when people pass me during a long run in the park or on the trail. Yes…that’s definitely the competitor in me. Even if I’m exhausted I will run 800 times faster if someone is trying to catch up.
6. Some days I run an extra mile (or 5) just for a glass of wine at the end of the night. Hashtag because I earned it.
What are some of your runner confessions?