Another 7 miles before 7 a.m. this morning with the IRC crew. Absolutely beautiful colors in the sky! It helps when you end the run to the tune of this view.
The struggle was very real this morning getting up but when you have a whole gang of people waiting on you, you get up and bust it out. Accountability, baby.
Gangstas in the dark.
The other day I was thinking about the runner’s high…and how much I love it! I have to say running has been such a blessing to my life and has changed it for the better…and I’m always and forever going after that rush of endorphins! Here are a few things that I love about it in no particular order…
1. That it’s legal in all 50 states.
2. The boost of endorphins that really should be bottled up and sold in stores…imagine what a killing that would make.
3. The mental clarity it gives me after an early morning long run…almost good as a hot cup of coffee.
4. It helps you appreciate those beautiful sunrises/sunsets/nature even more than you would on a normal day.
5. That you can really tell the difference between a day that you ran and a day that you skipped out on those miles. Am I right?
6. The feeling it gives you especially after crushing it in a race (and hey…age group awards are just the icing on the cake)!
7. It’s all natural, organic, and addictive…that good kind of addiction! Gotta love it.
8. No matter what kind of other workout, lifting or cross training that you do…there’s just nothing like that runner’s high. Point blank period.
What are some things you love about the runner’s high?