Your girl is back in the running game! It was a 10k kind of Thursday just getting some miles in. I’m so glad my legs are starting to feel normal again after the 50 miler. Today’s run was nice and easy…just enjoying the breeze and good conversation with some members of my running group. But goodness gracious was it HUMID! Mother nature has been giving us lots of rain lately.
So I thought I’d do an ode to the magic of the morning run. I tell you what, I’ve tried lunch time running, sunset runs but there is nothing like some miles for breakfast. Here are a few reasons why I love getting up to workout at the crack of dawn.
1. You get it done and out of the way. No excuses…sure it is hard to get up initially but once you are out of bed you are good to go.
2. Do it for the COFFEE. Because hey, java goes down way better after the morning run is done. Am I right?
3. Peace and quiet and you basically have the roads all to yourself. Gotta love that.
4. Early morning run friends are the best kind of friends to have. They are just as dedicated…I mean just as crazy as you are.
5. Get that metabolism revved up and ready for the day. It’s a great way to kick start not only the day but your body.
6. So your evening is free…you can do as you please…go home and kick back with a glass of wine or get some stuff done without worrying about a looming evening run.
7. For the the early morning endorphins…I don’t know about you but I am a MUCH more cheerful person during the workday if I’ve gotten that run in.
8. It’s your ME TIME…the time you take for yourself to take care of you. Much needed especially when you have a busy schedule and/or career.
9. Because it just feels good to know you got however many miles in before some people have even started their day.
10. To see the sunrise. Oh glorious sunrise…I do love you.
So tell me…why do you love morning runs? Or lunchtime…or evening runs?