Most of you know that I am the number one advocate of running clubs and group running but some days there is just nothing like geeking out on a solo run. Here are 8 things I love about running solo in no particular order…
1. Time to brainstorm/clear your head. I don’t know about you but after a long day at work, one of my favorite things is going on a run to work out the stress of the day. There is nothing better.
2. For meditation & enjoying nature…I love my solo sunrise runs sometimes. I like to call them RUNrises actually. Love it.
3. Better opportunity to focus on your pace and your breathing. A lot of times when you get caught up in a group run it’s harder to focus on how you are progressing during a run. I enjoy doing my tempo/faster runs alone so I can concentrate on what I am doing.
4. I see things I don’t normally see than when I’m with a group of people. Being more observant can definitely be a good thing. Safety first.
5. I get to be a little more silly/sing out loud/dance to my music etc. I’m an only child and also a goof ball so I’m just really good at entertaining myself. HA. Nuff said.
What are some things you enjoy about solo running?