1. You get to the coffee before anyone else. Fresh coffee made first thing in the morning is where it’s at.
2. You can get in 10 some odd miles before some people even hit snooze on their alarm clocks.
3. The roads & trails are quiet…mostly empty/traffic free which means more running for you.
4. Morning runners are just happier people in general. I’m just saying, I’m sure there is a poll somewhere out there to prove this.
5. You can go home after work and plop down on the couch without a care in the world. Workout is over and done with.
6. I’m telling you that friends that run with you in the morning will be your BFFs. With the exception of a couple of really awesome girlfriends, most of my friends are runners and we are as thick as thieves. Plus they probably know me better than anyone because they have seen me half asleep and cranky first thing in the a.m.
7. Once you start a habit of running first thing in the morning, it usually pretty much sticks. I’ve been running in the mornings for years and I never really get tired of it. It’s kind of like breathing…it’s just something you do. I do love switching it up every now and again (lunchtime runs come in close 2nd) but in general morning runs are where it’s at.
What are some things you love about running in the mornings?