So it’s springtime, and for many runners this is the time of year that we start thinking about more races to throw on the calendar. Here are a few reasons in no particular order why you should hit the registration button and sign up for that fall marathon to gun for a super speedy PR.
1. Training runs with friends or your local running club. I don’t know about you but for me the best part of marathon training is doing long runs with your friends. If you are fortunate enough to have some awesome runner friends it is a great way to bond over many happy sweaty miles.
Throwback Thursday pic! Ice cream and running go hand in hand.
2. Early hot runs especially in the summer time leading up to fall will make you mentally/physically super strong. If you can get through long runs in crazy weather, you can get through just about anything. Come fall and winter after months of training you will definitely see your speed pick up because it will just feel so awesome after training in such conditions.
3. There are just so MANY amazing marathons to sign up for! For me honestly it is a great way to see a different part of the country or explore a new town.
4. RACE-cations are absolutely the best. It just honestly gives me an excuse to travel sometimes too. Fall is the perfect time of year for it.
5. Nothing is more beautiful than running a marathon in the fall. The changing fall leaves, the cooler weather…you simply cannot go wrong. It’s the best time of year to put a marathon on your calendar.
Have you signed up for a fall marathon yet? Which one?
I plan on running an ultra this year in November on a beautiful new to me trail! I am really looking forward to it.