We all know running is just as mental sometimes as it is physical. So if you have a plethora of reasons as to why you are too busy to run today…I will give you a few reasons why you should make a little time to get your run on.
1. Even a short run is better than no run at all. Do you have 30 minutes to spare? How about 15? Just going outside to get your blood pumping for a bit does wonders for your mood and your body. You will always be happy that you did it in the end.
2. Doing something for yourself is a great way to be there for other people. Sure, it can seem a little selfish sometimes to do something for yourself. But frankly taking the time to take care of yourself and doing something good for your health will enable you to be there, fully, for your loved ones in your life.
3. Because that glass of wine at the end of the day is much more amazing after you have gotten your run on. I don’t think I need to say much more about that.
4. Running really energizes the brain and gets the wheels turning. I know for me especially running in the morning makes my day go a lot smoother and I’m just more ‘on it’ than on days that I do not run.
5. Because somewhere out there, someone busier than you is running right now. You’d better believe it.
What are your reasons for getting your run on today?