1. My family…being strong for my family is very important to me. Running helps me feel strong so I can be there for the ones that I love.
2. My health…with every mile I feel better and I find that I make better choices regarding overall health and nutrition when I run.
3. Running buddies…I am constantly inspired by those that have a passion for this amazing sport.
4. Coffee…because it’s just amazing and perks me up for those early morning runs.
5. The runner’s high…yes I do believe that it is real and there is nothing like riding that high after an extra long run. Plus it is all natural, organic and just plain good for you.
6. Strava…because let’s be real, having a tool to track your mileage can really be a major factor in training and racing success. Find me on there if you join!
7. Dealing with the ups and downs of life in general…and knowing that I can channel my energy and/or stress with a good hard run.
8. Knowing that running just gives me mental clarity to face the day head on.
9. The feeling of accomplishment I get from maintaining a strong mileage base from week to week…as well as completing crazy ultra distances and crushing previous PRs. Hard work pays off.
10. Because it helps to preserve the sexy. I’m just saying.
Runners, what drives you to keep running?