Ahh, social media. We all love it…or sometimes loathe it. Am I right? It can be a great motivator to see our fellow runners out in their natural habitats! Just for giggles, today I thought we’d explore the 10 types of runners you will see on social media. It’s all in fun…so here it goes.
1. The couch to 5k-er. This is the runner that is just starting out with the beautiful sport of running. Everything is sunshine and rainbows and the sport is brand new to them. Every run gives them just a little more confidence to go even further. Loving life.
2. The IG model runner. This is the GLAMAZON you always see in the shorty shorts, sports bra, hair down and a face all cute and done up. You know, just going out for a run. No biggie. Still looking glam afterwards too. How, I have no idea. I truly want to know your secret.
3. The yogilicious runner. This one loves to do the most fabulous of yoga poses after a 5 or 6 mile run. Tree pose, crow pose and the dancer’s pose are among some of their favorite post run stretches. Oh teach me your flexible ways!
4. The ‘I run for beer’ runner. Their IG page is full of the different types of cerveza they consume post run. In fact, some of them even make their own! The beer runners are truly keeping these craft brew companies in business.
5. The trail and/or ultrarunner. This one is in love with all distances over 26.2. You will likely catch them galavanting through the woods or singing up for their next hundo. They clearly love getting the miles in.
6. The social butterfly runner. You will likely never catch this one running alone. Running is all about the social hour! And/or the happy hour…or both. The more running friends the merrier.
7. The music driven runner. You will find this one posting a screenshot of their latest jam from Spotify with a hashtag #nowplaying. During a race they have some sort of speaker in their hydration pack just rolling along rocking out to their jams. Why they think everyone wants to hear their DJ playlist, I have no idea. But they are loving it and rocking out on the run.
8. The solo runner. They very much enjoy the peace and solitude of the great outdoors. It is a moving meditation of sorts for them to run alone. They just want to get ‘er done. No running club needed.
9. The ‘every run is a sufferfest’ runner. This one is always swayed by the weather being ‘too hot, too cold, too rainy’ what have you. Kind of like the Debbie Downer of running. LOL, no one likes a Debbie Downer.
10. The chipper/annoying morning runner. We love to hate these runners. The ones who pop up at 4 or 5 in the morning & post a sunrise on IG with a motivational quote about their 10 mile run. Hmm…sounds like someone I know…
What are some other runners you will find on social media?