Speedwork?! FUN?? Usually we don’t hear those 2 words in the same sentence. Because sometimes everything hurts and you are dying. Not really, but you get it. True, it can be tough to bust it out whether you are on the track or the treadmill…but here are a few ways you can actually have fun with going faster.
1. Get you some sweet jams to rock out to. Here are 10 of my favorite songs for speedwork. I promise you ‘Turbulence’ will get your blood pumping in no time.
2. Smile while you are doing it. Did you know that smiling actually makes you a more efficient runner? Who says you can’t have FUN and work HARD all at the same damn time?
3. Run the mile you are in. Or the lap or what have you. It can be discouraging especially while doing speedwork to think of how far you have to go or to constantly stare at your watch. LET GO. Run free.
4. Focus on your form. Here are a few ways you can make minor adjustments to make major differences.
5. Pretend there is a handsome hunk (or hot chick, not leaving out my fellas) at the end of that run with a frozen margarita in his or her hand. Hey, that always works for me.
What are a few things you do to make speedwork (or whatever type of run) more fun?