Happy hump day to ya! Today is a very special day…I mean really it is like Christmas for runners, ha. Global Running Day! Today is actually the day I normally do my Weds Spin Playlist (and if you missed the last one, be sure to check it out here) but we will return to our regularly scheduled program next week. So let’s share in a few ways you can enjoy this amazing day and relish in your love of running!
1. Chase the sun…which yes, I did that very thing this morning. It was absolutely lovely.
2. Run twice today…or hey dare I say a TRIPLE run day. Why not? I will not judge ya, not at all.
3. Do a TRACK workout. Who says you have to run your age in miles? Even a short run is better than no run at all. A few 800s will do the body some good.
4. Run to your favorite playlist. Or check out some of mine, on Spotify here.
5. Run with your running bestie. Then go celebrate with a cup of coffee (or a glass of wine – it is wine Wednesday after all)
6. Do a social run! Most running groups/clubs do a mid week happy hour run. Do a few miles with some fun people and celebrate with some good grub after. It’s a win win situation.
7. Write a blog post on how much you love running (or your WHY behind running) You may just very well inspire someone out there who is trying to get started.
8. Buy yourself some new RUN swag. Whether it is a fly new pair of shoes or some new running shorts. Treat yoself.
9. #runitforward on Global Running Day, thanks to Brooks Running.
10. Dance while you run. Just because you can.
HOW ARE YOU CELEBRATING this very special day today?