So we’re getting off the run chat a little today to talk about a few THOUGHTS I have while teaching a spin classI I thought this would be fun. I have to say I absolutely LOVE teaching fitness classes and it is definitely something I thought that I’d never love as much as I do now! There are so many perks and it is great to help people achieve their fitness goals. I’m usually thinking about 888 things while teaching (multi-tasking at its finest) but…here are just a few.
1. Crazy day at the 9 to 5. Totally about to de-stress in class right about now. Cycle therapy. Kind of like running (or dancing) except on the bike.
2. I’m not sure that the handful of almonds and banana I ate earlier as a pre workout snack was enough. I’m actually starving.
3. Okay…it’s only one hour. Just get through it one song at a time.
4. Swig of caffeinated beverage (usually iced tea or coffee) okay. Game face on. Now I am ready.
5. That guy’s seat is totally TOO LOW to be riding that bike. Doesn’t he know that? I feel like all people should automatically know this.
6. Go help a brother out. Poor guy. He totally looks like he needs help with his bike setup.
7. She does too. And now she is telling me that her crotch hurts. I know girl. It happens to all of us. The seat sometimes can be just not comfortable. You’ll get used to it. Get those crotch/butt muscles strong and tight and you won’t feel it.
8. Tell her that, without actually telling her that.
9. Alright. Time to spin!
10. Warm up song…swag on. Let’s go.
11. Time to sprint! Crank up the resistance.
12. That girl totally has her GAME FACE on. She is killing it. Werk.
13. Big a$$ hill climb. Yes, I want you to look like you are about to die. That is the whole point.
14. Class complete. Cool down and stretch. Done and done. Yes…you burned all of the calories. Because that is what I do. I’m a murderer/calorie killa.
15. Instructor selfie once everyone leaves…just because.
And without further ado…let’s get to the spin list! These songs are great for running too! Find me on Spotify and check out where I’m teaching next if you’re local!
Good Life- Oliver Heldens, Ida Corr: Warm up
All Night (Starkillers Remix)- Pitbull: Accelerations
Level Up- Ciara: Rolling hills
Motorspeed- Salvatore Ganacci: Jumps
Side to Side- Ariana Grande: Hill climb
Boom!- Tujamo: Tapbacks
Lie to Me- Steve Aoki: Sprints
1Thing- Amerie, BG: Rolling hills
Private Show- Offaiah: Seated/standing run
SWISH- Tyga: Jumps on a hill
Side Effects- The Chainsmokers: Accelerations
Fun- Kaskade: Active recovery
Cool for the Summer (Todd Terry Remix)- Demi Lovato: Sprints
The Other Side- Jason Derulo: Hill climb
I’m Dreamin- Christopher Williams: Cool down
What songs are rocking your workouts lately!?! Do share!